Tuesday, June 1, 2010

So, what's your story ?


First time when I landed into the world of IT, I felt .... how should I put it ? A bit like E.T. (Remember the movie ?)
I guess what I mean is that I've always had a complex regarding IT. Somehow, when I first started I had an uneasy feeling, since it was not a hobby for me, as I saw it was at some of my high-school colleagues and later at the university. They were thinking computers, dreaming computers, breathing computers .... Moreover, all those who loved IT also liked science-fiction movies. I hated them (I mean the movies; well, except some really good ones, like E.T.). I liked totally different things and the distance between me and my IT loving colleagues was like from here to Mars.
It made me think. Was it actually good for me ? After all, I chose IT. Probably because I couldn't do anything else ....
It took me several years to understand IT: anybody can do IT. All you need is to enjoy it a bit. In order to enjoy it, you have to understand it. So, to make a long story short, I'm building this blog to demystify IT. In other words, to explain IT first of all to myself and to whoever feels like me.
This blog will contain random topics about programming languages and software engineering techniques. The kind of things I typically wanted to know but was afraid to ask. So I had to discover them in a tough, but fascinating journey.


No comments:

Post a Comment